Community is important to us at Longtable, and has been since we first opened three years ago. As with so many changes we have all experienced in 2020, our understanding of community has evolved a great deal this year. While the lessons haven’t always been easy, we have been inspired by examples of resilience, creativity, collaboration and giving. We have learned that communal tables aren’t just physical places. Even as we are physically distant, we have learned that it is possible, indeed paramount, to be socially present. The power of a table to bring us together and provide nourishment for the body and the soul is more important than ever.
In that spirit, we have launched the Community Table Fund, a 501(c)(3) fund in partnership with Madison Community Foundation.
With the Community Table Fund, our vision is to provide protein-based prepared meals to address food insecurity in the community. We have partnered with Middleton Outreach Ministry, a local organization whose mission is to bring community together to create food and housing security through action and advocacy. MOM’s food pantry currently serves ~600 people per week. We expect it will take roughly $4,000 each week to provide high quality, locally sourced, protein-forward prepared meals.
We have created a charity gofundme campaign to accept donations into the fund; your tax deductible contribution will be used for the purpose of feeding the community. In doing so, you will help us connect those who grow to those who make to those in need.
We can’t think of a more beautiful embodiment of the power of the table.
Prior to launching Community Table Fund, $1 for every Community Burger went to support local causes in the community. In our first three years, your generous support has helped raise over $14,000 for these local causes:
- Middleton Outreach Ministry
- Restoring Hope Transplant House
- Friends of Middleton PAC
- Friends of Pheasant Branch Conservancy
- Madison Reading Project
- Gilda’s Club of Madison
- Friends of Middleton Public Library
- Gio’s Garden
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Alliance of Wisconsin
- Fetch Wisconsin Rescue
- Dane County Diaper Bank
As at Brasserie V, we are also proud to work with local farmers and artisan producers to ensure we are always using the highest-quality foods in our dishes. Local sourcing is an integral part of our mission, and we are proud to showcase the bounty of our region. Many of these local providers sell at the Dane County Farmers’ Market and local groceries such as Metcalf’s and Willy Street Coop, so, when you’re not dining with us, look for them to create delicious meals at home.
- Bleu Mont Dairy, Blue Mounds
- Clock Shadow Creamery, Milwaukee
- Dreamfarm, Cross Plains
- Hook’s Cheese, Mineral Point
- LeClare Family Creamery, Malone
- Landmark Creamery, Paoli
- Roelli Cheese, Shullsburg
- Roth Cheese, Monroe
- Saxony Creamery, Cleveland, WI
- Sassy Cow Creamery, Columbus
- Uplands Cheese, Dodgeville
- LaQuercia Handcrafted Cured Meats, Norwalk, IA
- Tempesta Artisan Salumi, Chicago, IL
- Smoking Goose, Indianapolis, IN
- Madison Sourdough, Willy Street
- Potter’s Crackers, Baldwin Street
- Cha Cha Tea, Monroe Street
- Barriques Coffee, Madison, WI
- Wisco Pop!, Viroqua, WI
- Potosi Brewing Company, Potosi