Community is important to us – it’s one of our core values, and the driving force behind our communal tables. So, we are excited to offer monthly featured items which will donate a portion of sales to support local and regional causes with a focus on community, culture, and wellness.
Our summer Community Burger supports Madison Reading Project, whose mission is to bring books and literacy programs to underserved children in south central Wisconsin.
Inspired by The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Chef Josh has created a burger which starts with our favorite Highland Spring Farm Scottish Highland beef, and adds salami chips, siwss cheese, and orange fennel slaw, all on a Madison Sourdough brioche bun. Served with your choice of side for $12 – $1 of which goes to Madison Reading Project. This delicious burger will be available through Labor Day.
In addition to offering the burger, we will also be hosting a book drive, and welcome your book donations to this worthy cause. New and gently used books can be dropped off here and at Brasserie V. For more info on books in most need: Book Donation Guidelines.
We had fun brainstorming on burger ideas, and enjoyed a trip down memory lane looking at the 100 best children’s books of all times. What are some of your favorites?
To date, your generous support of our Community Burger has helped raise over $1500 for these causes since we opened our doors last October:
- Middleton Outreach Ministry
- Restoring Hope Transplant House
- Friends of Middleton PAC
- Friends of Pheasant Branch Conservancy
As at Brasserie V, we are also proud to work with local farmers and artisan producers to ensure we are always using the highest-quality foods in our dishes. Local sourcing is an integral part of our mission, and we are proud to showcase the bounty of our region. Many of these local providers sell at the Dane County Farmers’ Market and local groceries such as Metcalf’s and Willy Street Coop, so, when you’re not dining with us, look for them to create delicious meals at home.
- Highland Spring Farm, Oregon
- Fox Heritage Farms, Fitchburg
- Rushing Waters, Palmyra
- Knoches Butcher Shop, Madison
- Seven Seeds Organic Farm, Spring Green
- Smallfolk Farm, Waunakee
- Tothill Farms Meat, Madison
- Bleu Mont Dairy, Blue Mounds
- Clock Shadow Creamery, Milwaukee
- Dreamfarm, Cross Pla
- Holland’s Family Cheese, Thorp
- Hook’s Cheese, Mineral Point
- Landmark Creamery, Paoli
- Roelli Cheese, Shullsburg
- Roth Cheese, Monroe
- Saxony Creamery, Cleveland, WI
- Sassy Cow Creamery, Columbus
- LaQuercia Handcrafted Cured Meats, Norwalk, IA
- ‘Nduja Artisans Salumeria, Chicago, IL
- Smoking Goose, Indianapolis, IN
- Driftless Organics, Soldiers Grove
- Elderberry Hill Farm, Waunakee
- Vitruvian Farm, McFarland
- Garden to Be, Mount Horeb
- Clasen’s European Bakery, Middleton
- Madison Sourdough, Willy Street
- Potter’s Crackers, Baldwin Street
- Quince and Apple, Madison
- Cha Cha Tea, Monroe Street\
- Barriques Coffee, Madison, WI
- Wisco Pop!, Viroqua, WI
- Potosi Brewing Company, Potosi